US Open Tennis bag policy allows audiences to bring one bag with dimensions no larger than 16Lx12Wx12H. US Open starts on 22 August 2023.
To ensure a smooth and efficient experience for all attendees, the US Open tennis management kindly requests that spectators limit themselves to bringing only one bag.
Moreover, there are no purse storage facilities available on the premises, so viewers must be mindful of their personal belongings.
The 142nd edition of the prestigious tournament at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center has made security a top concern. They are doing everything to ensure everyone who enters the arena stays safe.
Besides, certain items are prohibited inside the stadium. For example, backpacks, glass bottles, alcohol, recording devices, computers, sealed packages, etc, are not allowed.
US Open 2023 Policies
US Open Tennis rules for spectators are listed below:
- Get your US Open tickets as soon as possible.
- Before entering the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center gates, all visitors will undergo a screening procedure.
- Children who are two years old or older need to purchase a full-priced adult ticket.
- Only one bag per guest is allowed on the premises.
- All bags will be subject to inspection and cannot be bigger than 12" W x 12" H x 16" L.
- Bag storage facilities are not available on the compound. However, you can find bag storage facilities outside the East and South Gate entrances for a small fee.
- Only single compartment drawstring bags are allowed, all other types of backpacks are not permitted.
- Other than service animals, no pets are permitted in the facility.
- Do not enter any tennis court
- Abstain from smoking as this is a smoke-free environment.
- Diaper changing tables for babies are located in each of the public restrooms in the facility.
- Other forbidden items include:
- Sealed packages of any kind
- Glass bottles or cans, with the exception of reusable water bottles that are 25 ounces or less
- Hard coolers or containers
- Aerosol cans or noise-making devices
- Recording devices such as video cameras [Exception: cell phones and SLR cameras]
- Computers/ laptops
- Flags, banners or signs
- Laser pointing gadgets
- Alcoholic beverages
- Any materials, items, or clothing that promote unauthorized advertising are not allowed
- Tennis racquets
- Drones/ other model aircraft
- Telescopic devices such as selfie-sticks
- Any other items deemed unsafe or inappropriate by US Open personnel
US Open 2023 Health Precautions:
- Boost your hydration before coming to the US Open.
- Stay hydrated while at the US Open to beat the heat.
- Water fountains and water refill stations are located throughout the grounds.
- Take regular breaks in cool places (such as indoor retail, dining, the US Open American Express Fan Experience) or in the shade outdoors.
- Consider wearing a hat, sunglasses, and light-colored clothing.
- Use sunscreen to prevent sunburn.
- Comply with event staff instructions with regard to event operations or emergency procedures.
US Open Dress Code For Spectators
US Open Tennis dress code for all guests are:
- You are required to wear a shirt and shoes at all times during the game. This means no tank tops, halter tops, or bare feet.
- Clothing should be clean and in good condition. Avoid ripped or dirty clothing.
- Do not wear any apparel or accessories with indecent and inappropriate imagery.
- Clothing should be appropriate for a tennis venue. This means no swimwear, beachwear, or overly revealing clothing.
- Avoid clothing with offensive or discriminatory messages.
Dress Code For Players
The dress code for US Open Tennis for players applies to both men and women. It specifies the following:
If a player wears something that disobeys the code, they might have to change what they are wearing, or they could get in trouble.
Players can wear compression shorts or leggings under their shorts or skirts. Hats and sunglasses are okay, but they have to come off when they step on the court. Similarly, small and not-too-flashy jewelry is fine to wear.
Dressing Preparation For The US Open 2023
If you are wondering what to wear while attending a US Open tennis game at the National Tennis Center in Flushing Meadows, the best fit would be anything comfortable that does not violates the dress code.
Vogue has listed some fashionable outfits to wear for the big event.
- La Ligne cotton and silk-blend dress- $395.00
- Self-Portrait rib-knitted maxi - $424.00
- Proenza Schouler White Label cotton - $495.00
- Tove Elen organic cotton-poplin top - $375.00
- Khaite Winnie pleated cotton poplin shirtdress - $920.00
- Rag & Bone Alex straight jeans - $255.00
- Marine Serre organic cotton T-shirt - $250.00
- Miu Miu Sable midi skirt - $1,850.00
Love-Lovely Day Gowns
- Rixo Mykonos denim - $329.00
- Tory Burch cotton poplin Claire McCardell - $898.00
- Everlane smock dress - $98.00
- Sandro sleeveless - $415.00
- Alémais Juniper cotton midi - $518.00
- Lafayette 148 New York Waylon linen shirt - $779.00
- Leset Yoko cotton-poplin shirt - $280.00
- Sebline Bunny cotton-poplin shirt - $400.00
- Nanushka Edisa dress - $220.00
- Rowen Rose wool midi - $835.00
- Thom Browne cotton polo - $850.00
- Polo Ralph Lauren cotton-blend polo - $209.00
- Staud Jay dress - $195.00
- Cos half-zip sweater - $135.00
- Polo Ralph Lauren flag crewneck - $398.00
- Wales Bonner Sonic striped polo top - $465.00
- Khaite Evi oversized cashmere - $1,520.00
Game Set Dresses
- Sporty & Rich cable-knit cotton sweater - $190.00
- Gucci piqué tennis dress - $1,800.00
- Lacoste Elvis woven tennis skirt - $340.00
- Tory Burch cashmere tennis sweater - $398.00
- Adidas Originals pleated skirt - $29.00
- Lacoste x A.P.C. sweatshirt - $195.00
- Tory Burch V-neck tennis dress - $248.00
- Marni jacquard sneakers - $590.00
- Adidas Stan Smith - $95.00
- Loewe Paula's Ibiza suede and mesh trainers - $690.00
- Nike Dbreak - $105.00
- Chloé Nama platform sneakers - $795.00
- Gucci tennis 1977 canvas trainers - $695.00
- Libertine tennis racket bucket hat - $495.00
- Polo Ralph Lauren calfskin shoulder bag - $498.00
- Vara Jewels tennis racket necklace - $35.00
- Kule tennis socks - $28.00
- Mejuri diamond tennis bracelet - $2,300.00
- Gucci canvas and nylon reversible hat - $620.00
- JW Anderson Bumper baguette - $790.00
USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center Capacity
USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center major stadiums have the following capacities:
|Arthur Ashe Stadium||23,771|
|Louis Armstrong Stadium||14,000|
- Location - Flushing Meadows–Corona Park in Queens, New York City, United States
- First Operation - 1978
- Size - 46.5 acres (0.0727 sq mi)
- Number of fields - 22 courts
- Park - 12 nos.
In August 2006, USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center was renamed after the former female world no 1 tennis player Billie Jean King.
The center has 22 tennis courts in its big 46.5-acre area, plus 12 more in the nearby park.
The three stadiums within the complex rank among the world's largest tennis venues. Arthur Ashe Stadium leads the way, boasting a stated seating capacity of 23,771, making it the top-ranked globally.
According to the seating chart, the best seats in the house are regarded to be the ones on the sides of the stadium, in the lower rows. These seats provide a good view of the court and the players.
Location of elevators and escalators
You can find elevators in Arthur Ashe Stadium, Louis Armstrong Stadium, Grandstand Stadium, and other places around the area.
Arthur Ashe Stadium
- Elevator A: President’s Gate Entrance [Suite and Courtside Ticket holders]
- Elevator B: South Entrance to stadium [Access to all levels]
- Elevator C: Restaurant Entrance (Suite Ticket holders, Courtside
Ticket holders, and guests with a Restaurant Pass or reservation)
- Escalators: South Entrance to the stadium (Access to all levels)
Louis Armstrong Stadium
- Gate A Elevator
- Gate A Escalator
- Gate B Elevator
- Gate B Escalator
- South Elevator